Terms and Conditions – Blue Line Exports
The follow are the terms and conditions provided by Blue Line Exports LLC relating to the provision of an auction buying and export service. By using www.bluelineexports.com you agree to the following terms and conditions. If you disagree with the following terms and conditions then please immediately cease all dealing with Blue Line Exports LLC, do not further access www.bluelineexports.com and have a nice day.
‘WE’, ‘US’, ‘SELLER’, ‘BLUE LINE EXPORTS’, refers to Blue Line Exports LLC and any associated suppliers, business partners or agents.
‘YOU’, ‘CUSTOMER’, ‘CLIENT’, ‘BUYER’, refers to a person or company who has entered into an agreement to use the Blue Line Exports LLC auction buying and export service.
‘CAR’, ‘VEHICHLE’, ‘UNIT’, ‘ITEM’ refers to the article of purchase.
‘AUCTION’, refers to the Japanese used car auctions, Yahoo auction or similar where Blue Line Exports will bid for customers.
‘BID’ ‘BIDDING’ refers to the action of Blue Line Exports LLC in trying to secure a car for a customer.
‘BUDGET’, refers to the amount the customer has pre-determined as the maximum they want to pay for the car or item at auction.
‘PURCHASE’, refers to the act of Blue Line Exports procuring a vehicle or item for a customer.
`DEPOSIT’, refers to a pre-agreed amount that the customer will deposit with Blue Line Exports LLC to enable the purchase of a vehicle or item.
‘WORK’ refers to an action Blue Line Exports has undertaken for a customer.
‘SALE’, refers to a transaction between a customer and Blue Lines Exports to buy and export a vehicle or item.
‘INVOICE’ refers to the document produced by Blue Line Exports showing the amount due for a completed service.
‘AS IS’ is a term used to describe the condition of the car or item and disclaims any implied warranty. The buyer accepts the item as it exists with all faults whether or not immediately apparent.
1. Deposit – Prior to any bidding the customer will deposit a minimum of JPY 150,000 to Blue Line Exports. This deposit will be deducted from the total due on the customers invoice. Failure to pay the invoice will result in the deposit monies being used to cover losses pertaining to the unpaid invoice. Deposits can be refunded at anytime prior to Blue Line Exports purchasing a vehicle or item for a customer, less any bank or money transfer fees incurred. If work has been done then there may be a service charge deducted from this refund. Deposit amounts for expensive or unusual items will be negotiated between the customer and Blue Line Exports.
2. Payments – Full payments must be made in full within 48 hours of receipt of invoice via bank transfer. Failure to do so could result in additional late payment charges.
3. Exchange rates, Paypal rates, bank charges – Blue Line Exports is not responsible for the exchange rates used by banks, money transfer companies, Paypal or similar. All payments must be made in Japanese Yen and all bank fees are the customers responsibility.
4. Service fee – Blue Line Exports charges a service fee from JPY 95,000 per vehicle which covers buying the car and all paperwork needed to export the car out of Japan. This is for vehicles under JPY 1,000,000 in value. This fee does not include domestic transport of the vehicle within Japan, ocean freight out of Japan, any country specific inspections (eg JAAI, JEVIC, car washing, repairs), parking in Japan, or any costs associated with the vehicle once it leaves Japan. A higher service fee applies for vehicles and items over JPY 1,000,000 or unusual items. Please contact a sales person for more information on service fees.
1. Blue Line Exports agree to bid up the the pre-determined amount the customer has set for a specified item but reserves the right to overbid that amount by up to JPY 20,000 if necessary to win the auction.
2. If a car or unit is unsold at auction, Blue Line Exports will automatically negotiate to buy the item up to the customers budget if necessary, unless otherwise specified.
3. Multiple bidders on the same car. At times we have more than one party bidding on the same car. In this situation, the party with the higher bid will win the car regardless of the other party bid amount. If Party A has a maximum bid amount of Y1,000,000 and Party B has a maximum bid amount of Y900,000 and the car sells at the auction for Y800,000, then Party A will win the car and will pay the car cost amount of Y800,000. We do not discuss the bid amounts of other customers.
4. Blue Line Exports has the final say on what cars we will bid on and reserve the right to refuse to bid on certain cars.
Negotiation and Buy-It-Now cars
If a car is unsold under the maximum bidding budget, Blue Line Exports will automatically apply for the negotiation and offer an amount up to the agreed bidding budget to secure the car. Blue Line Exports will cover this negotiation fee.
If a client wants to negotiate on a car that is beyond the agreed bidding budget, or on a car that was not bid on, then there will be a negotiation fee of Y15,000.
Buy-It-Now cars have a buy it now fee of Y30,000
Cancellation and Failure to Pay an Invoice
Once a vehicle or item has been purchased by Blue Line Exports for a customer the purchase cannot be cancelled. Failure to pay an invoice in full will result in a loss of deposit and any partial payments made.
Invoice payments are due in full upon receipt of the invoice and any late payments will incur a late payment charge of Y10,000 per week starting 7 days from the invoice date, at the discretion of Blue Line Exports. In the event that a customer fails to fully pay an invoice, any monies received will be forfeited and kept as compensation for the failure to pay the invoice as per the terms and conditions. This money is kept to recover costs associated with the initial purchase, the resale and to compensate for the opportunity cost of the capital that was tied up in the purchase.
Extent of Service and Responsibility
Blue Line Exports is an auction agent / buying service and export company. We do not own the cars or the auction houses or have any influence on they way they operate. Blue Line Exports will not be responsible for incorrect information on auction condition sheets or misrepresented cars nor for any agents working for Blue Line Exports including transport companies, courier companies, shipping lines, insurance companies, dealerships, port yards. Blue Line Exports will provide all information available but is not responsible for incorrect translations or assumptions made by the customer based on such information. Blue Line Exports is an vehicle bidding, buying and export service and as such our responsibility is limited to these fields.
Blue Line Exports is not responsible for the condition of cars before or after the purchase. We will take all care to ensure the customer has as much correct information as possible but ultimately its the customers decision to bid on or purchase a vehicle. All cars are purchased as is and all care is provided in the transport, storage and shipping of vehicles and items. Blue Line Exports is simply an agent to assist in the purchase and export process and is not responsible or liable for the actual condition of the vehicle or item nor possible damage incurred in shipping or storage. Blue Line Exports is not responsible for faults that occur with the vehicle after it has been purchased. All vehicles are purchased as is with no warrranty or guarantee and any faults that may arise between purchase, storage, shipping and arrival are the responsibility of the client. Blue Line Exports will assist to have faults remidied when possible, but will not cover these repair costs or any other associated costs (including but not limited to – transport, port charges, parking, labour, reauction).
Blue Line Exports will ship the car for you using either ro-ro (roll on, roll off) shipping or a container, as decided between Blue Line Exports and the client. Shipping methods have guidelines and requirements as set and enforced by the shipping lines and are beyond the control of Blue Line Exports. Blue Line Exports will advise on the suitability of cars for export and shipping with regards to these guidelines and requirements but the final decision to bid is the clients responsibility. Blue Line Exports reserves the right to refuse to bid on a car that we deem as likely to cause problems with the shipping process.
Ro-ro guidelines include but are not limited to; minimum vehicle body heights from the ground, restrictions on carrying damaged vehicles, vehicles that are leaking oil, vehicles that are leaking fuel and other fluids, vehicles that are blowing smoke.
Inner cargo is not permitted in any vehicle being shipped ro-ro. Any inner cargo that does get shipped is 100% at the clients risk and neither Blue Line Exports nor the shipping lines will accept any responsibility for items stolen, damaged or missing.
Blue Line Exports will not be responsible for cars that the shipping lines refuse to carry due to their guidelines and regulations. Any additional costs including but not limited to additional storage and modifications or repairs needed to enable the vehicle to be shipped are the clients responsibility.
Ro-ro Shipping rules and guide lines include the following:
a) RO-RO (Roll on – Roll off) must have:
Any vehicle that has at least 15cm of height from the ground to the car’s body
The hood must open
The vehicle can be driven
The tires can turn and run
The handbrake must be working
The vehicle does not need to be towed, lifted up or pulled out by any other vehicle
*Cannot ship cars ro-ro*
Vehicles that can not be shipped by ro-ro include:
If the engine is not working
If the vehicle cannot be driven
White or black smoke coming from engine, exhaust or any another place
If the vehicle is leaking any oil, fuel or other fluids
If Hybrid, batteries with defect, broken or damaged
If there is no windscreen
If any side or rear windows are not covered
If the spare tire cannot be accessed
Loose parts must be repaired, held or fix with a strong adhesive tape
Any vehicle with inner cargo
Any part(s) that can cause human accidents or damage another vehicle(s) or property on board
Any vehicle which has mechanical problems
**INNER CARGO IS NOT ALLOWED INSIDE OF THE VEHICLE FOR RO-RO**
It is the customers responsibility to ensure the vehicle or item meets their local rules and regulations. Blue Line Exports can advise on such matters, but ultimately it is up to the customer to ensure the vehicle or item is eligible for import into the destination country.
All content contained on www.bluelineexports.com is the property of Blue Line Exports LLC and is protected by international copyright laws.
Any dispute arising from or pertaining to this agreement between a customer and Blue Line Exports falls under the jurisdiction of the Tokyo District Court and is subject to the relevant Japanese law.
Changes to This Agreement
Blue Line Exports reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions anytime. Your decision to continue to visit and make use of www.bluelineexports.com and Blue Line Exports LLC after such changes have been made constitutes your formal acceptance of the new Terms and Conditions. If you have any questions about this agreement please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.